Tuesday 29 May 2012

May 29


Day 16 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

pre-exercise:  about 1/6th serving of housemate's smoothie. a few carrots.

snack, 10 am:  the rest of my carrots (1 lb total).  I decided to wait until noon to finish breakfast and join housemate in her lunch.

late breakfast, noon:  1 lb strawberries and homemade soy yogurt.  sugar snap peas (1/3 lb)

lunch, 2:30 pm:  big salad topped with veggies.  The veggies were asparagus, onion, mushrooms.  salad is romaine, cabbage and kale (marinated in date vinegar), topped with seed mixture and apple vinegar.

dinner, 6 pm:  same as lunch.

snack, 9:30 pm.  some orange remainders after making housemate's OJ.   some nibbles on raw cabbage.

Nutritional information:
Calories: 1425; protein 72 g; fiber 84 g.

Weight:  128

Exercise:  biked 26 miles.  bike commute 7 miles.

Thoughts/notes:
  • sorry I was a little cranky last night.  I missed my meditation and flute playing.  :)  I have a solution already.  Holly gave me the idea from an email exchange we had.  It occurs to me that I don't have to get in all the GOMBBS (Greens Onions Mushrooms Beans Berries Seeds) that Dr. Fuhrman recommends every single day.  He has said that himself.   I can eat onions and mushrooms one day and none on another.  I can have one veggie one day and another the next.  Also I think I've been going overboard with the veggies.  I could make it easy on myself and have more sweet potatoes and grains--easy to prepare and a fair amount of calories.   So I think in general I'll make some veggies and grain/starch in the morning for lunch, and make a salad when I get home for dinner.  If I won't be home for dinner, I'll make salads for both lunch and dinner in the morning.   I'll see how this works out
  • I love my Tuesday morning bike ride. I saw 2 sandhill cranes right by the bike path.  so much to see in the city and countryside.
  • dinner was a little early because I have a meeting tuesday nights.