Wednesday 16 May 2012

May 16


Day 3 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

before exercise, 7:30 am:  about 1/10th serving of housemate's smoothie (leftovers).  

after exercise, 10:30 am:  cooked veggies, baked sweet potato.  

noon snack:  carrots (1 lb);  sugar snap peas (1/2 lb).


late lunch, 2 pm:  my favorite salad of late topped with homemade soy yogurt.  The fruits du jour were watermelon, blueberries and blackberries.

6 pm snack:  2 carrots.

Dinner:  repeat salad topped with seed mixture and d'angou pear vinegar

Nutritional information:
Calories: 1465; protein 65 g; fiber 83 g.

Weight:  129.8.  

Exercise:  yoga class; bike commute 14 miles. 

Thoughts/notes:

  • I was surprised that my weight dipped.  Maybe 1400 calories a day is okay, especially with the amount I exercise.
  • I loved my breakfast.  I had this at the co-op after my yoga class (baked the sweet potato last night).
  • My calories were a little on the high side.  I had 1.5 lbs of fruit.  That combined with the sweet potato pushed them higher.   and the extra carrots.
  • I have to figure out where to put carrots in my daily plan.  they are mostly emotional eating.  they make me feel secure, that I don't have to go hungry.  the 6 pm snack was just because I love eating a couple of carrots on my bike ride home after I grocery shop.  Dr. Fuhrman says we shouldn't snack but I get a psychological boost from this right now and don't want to deal with this.  I'd rather just keep my total intake at a reasonable level for a while, and deal with frequency of eating later on.
  • I had lunch with a friend at the "terrace".  We got her a burrito at Chipotles before heading to the terrace.