Saturday 26 May 2012

May 26


Day 13 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 9 am:  about 1/8th serving of housemate's smoothie, lots of grapes (3/4 lb), carrots (1 lb) and sugar snap peas (1/2 lb).

lunch, 2 pm:  1 lb strawberries and homemade soy yogurt.

snack, 5 pm:  some spinach and cabbage, not much, just felt like nibbling.

dinner, 7 pm:  steamed asparagus, mushrooms, and onions, with tomatoes and beans served over a bed of lettuce.

Nutritional information:
Calories: 1400; protein 58 g; fiber 76 g.

Weight:  128.0 

Exercise:  ran 3.5 miles, walked 1/2 mile.  a little yoga in the morning when I woke up too early.

Thoughts/notes:
  • everything was yummy today.  We've only recently started getting organic grapes at the co-op and it was the first time I bought them (this season).  yum.   I ate them while prepping housemate's smoothie fruits for the week.  Then, the strawberries and yogurt--YUM.  I'm eating this outside on the deck:
  • Dinner was an example of low-calorie density food, which goes hand-in-hand with high nutrient density and BIG portion sizes.  Here I am for scale.  That's a big bowl!  (sorry, I'm not wearing a bra!  hee hee).
  • my run was surprisingly fun.  I ran to a bike shop to get some chain lube, so it was a new route which I liked.  I also ran faster than usual.  I've started to ignore some advice I got on good-form running, which is to have a high cadence.  About the only thing I've got going for me with my long legs is a long stride.  If I were an athlete, I could combine the two and run really fast.  But for me high cadence requires short stride and that seems to translate into very slow; longer stride and slower cadence feels more natural and turns out to be faster.  Maybe it's just because I enjoy it more since it feels more natural.  
  • I had a lovely day.