Wednesday 23 May 2012

May 23



Day 10 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 8-10 am:   about 1/10th serving of housemate's smoothie, cooked veggies, nibbled on food while preparing salads for the day.

Lunch, about 12:30:  big salad topped with homemade soy yogurt.  Fruit today was strawberries, blackberries and cantaloupe.

Lunch #2, about 3:30, big salad topped with seed mixture and d'angou pear vinegar.

snack after yoga and grocery shopping, 7 pm:  carrots (1 lb); oh, and a friend was excited to offer me a piece of carob spiralina energy squares, because, she said "you can eat these!"  I decided, sure, I can eat one.  It was good actually, I'd eat it again.  It's kind of junky but I ate a small enough amount not to worry about.

dinner, 8 pm:  sugar snap peas (1/3 lb), big salad topped with seed mixture and d'angou pear vinegar.  some orange remainders after making housemate's OJ.

Nutritional information:
Calories: 1480; protein 70 g; fiber 88 g.

Weight:  129.  

Exercise:  yoga, bike commute 7 miles, walk about 1 mile.

Thoughts/notes:
  • Tuesday night I get home late, so I decided to do my food prep this morning instead of last night and then did my exercise later in the day.
  • yea, the scale finally moved.   I just need to be patient.   I'm eating plenty and not feeling deprived.
  • I don't like my cooked, frozen, then thawed veggies.  too soggy!  I'll probably finish these off, then come up with another way to get my onions, mushrooms and cooked veggies.
  • I am loving these salads even though I'm kind of embarrassed that I'm eating 3 giant ones per day.  Maybe I'll just add my veggies to these when I run out of the frozen ones.  Things will change up again when sweet corn season arrives, but that's still a month off.
  • I got more of this really good vinegar today.  The store is called vom Fass. The vinegar is made in Germany.  It's expensive but, well, I don't have many vices left, to my dismay, so I guess this can be one.  I got the Waldburg star date vinegar and the Apple Waldburg vinegar.  Man is it good!  I like to marinate my kale and cabbage in the date vinegar.