Sunday 20 May 2012

may 20


Day 7 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 10 am : about 1/10th serving of housemate's smoothie, about 1/2 cup of beans, nibbled on salad I prepared for potluck.

lunch at potluck, about 12:45 pm:   some salad I brought, a salad a nutritarian couple brought (yes!), and a baked sweet potato I brought for myself.  oh, and a few banana slices.  My salad was really easy to make:  lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, avocado, seed mixture; then just before serving I added d'angou pear vinegar and mixed it all up.  My nutritarian friends brought a nice black bean salad.  

snack after grocery shopping, about 3 pm (not hungry, just wanted to eat my favorite foods):  carrots (0.8 lb), sugar snap peas (0.4 lb).

dinner, 6-8 pm, while doing food prep:  salad like last night, just lettuce, seed mixture and vinegar.  1 lb strawberries.  nibbled on veggies as I chopped.   

Nutritional information:
Calories: 1390; protein 55 g; fiber 81 g.

Weight:  130.  

Exercise:  ran 3 miles, and a little pre-run yoga.  

Thoughts/notes:

  • I didn't have much food around at breakfast so went a little hungry--which is actually a good thing. Lesson learned:  don't shop too often.
  • I really like bringing a sweet potato to a potluck.  You can almost always find a salad, especially if you bring it yourself!  that and a sweet potato makes for a delicious and satisfying meal.  I eat the sweet potato like you hold a burrito, skin and all, and I eat it like dessert, slowly, enjoying each bite. 
  • I'm surprised I only logged 1390 calories.  I feel pretty full.  I think I logged everything though.
  • if you don't think I'm crazy yet, you probably will when you see tomorrow's meals:  salad, salad, salad...
  • I'm not enjoying running as much as my other exercise.  I think I would rather walk 3 miles than run it.  I feel like I should try to run once a week since I signed up for a short triathlon in August.