Sunday 27 May 2012

may 27


Day 14 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 8 am:  about 1/6th serving of housemate's smoothie.   1 lb strawberries and homemade soy yogurt.

lunch, noon:  grapes (1/2 lb), carrots (1 lb), and sugar snap peas (1/2 lb), nibbles on cabbage and spinach.

dinner, 7 pm:  giant salad:  lettuce, kale, broccoli, beans, seed mixture, date vinegar, apple vinegar.  nibbled on spinach during food prep.

"dessert", 8 pm:  a bowl of peas and corn with some d'angou pear vinegar.  Some orange remainders.

Nutritional information:
Calories: 1411; protein 63 g; fiber 72 g.

Weight:  128.0 

Exercise:  rmountain biked, 1 hour.

Thoughts/notes:
  • I actually measured how much of housemate's smoothie I drank (it was easy and I'm a geek), and realized I eat closer to 1/6th than 1/10th!  so my daily calories have been underestimated a bit.
  • today was record hot, at 94.  I was mountain biking at that time.   I rested before some steep climbs as a cautionary measure but I felt fine.  It was as fun as ever.  I am an addict.
  • I was going to cook some veggies for dinner but it was too hot want to cook.  So I just had salad.  It was really good--that fancy pants vinegar is really good!  It inspired me to change up my meals some this week.  I'll have my strawberries and yogurt for breakfast.  then no fruit on the salads, but veggies and mushrooms and onions and things like cucumbers and red bell peppers.  yummy.
  • another fabulous day.  I enjoyed not having to do food prep tonight since I'm not going to work tomorrow.
  • here's a picture of the intrepid mountain biker: