Monday 21 May 2012

may 21



Day 8 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

pre-exercise, 7:30 am:  about 1/10th serving of housemate's smoothie

breakfast, 10 am : big salad topped with homemade soy yogurt.  Fruit today was strawberries and cantaloupe.

lunch:  1 pm:  big salad topped with seed mixture and d'angou pear vinegar, cooked veggies.  This week's cooked veggies didn't have the grains, just collards, cauliflower, tomatoes, and asparagus.

snack:  6:30 pm, carrots (1 lb), sugar snap peas (1/2 lb)

dinner, 7:30 pm, big salad topped with seed mixture and d'angou pear vinegar

Nutritional information:
Calories: 1360; protein 67 g; fiber 84 g.

Weight:  130.  

Exercise:  swim 1.1 miles, bike commute 14 miles.  walk 1 mile.

Thoughts/notes:
  • I'm a little self-conscious about the 3 big salads.  Is this weird?  The logic was something like this:  I didn't want a sweet potato, so then what was I going to have for breakfast?  cantaloupe and veggies?  that's good but the cantaloupe would taste good in a salad with the strawberries.  and the head of romaine was very big.   okay, make 3 salads.   and it was good so I will do it again tomorrow.
  • Here's a picture of my big salads:
  • I had a good day enjoying my life.