Monday 7 January 2013

MIMM: Back in the Swing of Things

Hello Everybody and Happy Monday!


I don't have much of an introduction so I guess I'll just get into some of the more marvelous things in my life.

1. Friends are Marvelous

Getting this package from Alex was the highlight of last week. I just picked up some goodies to send back her way and I'm pretty excited. I love little tokens like that, they can turn a dull day into a great one :)


2. Freedom is Marvelous

After being at my parents' house for so long - where I was 25 minutes away from the city and I could only get out when I was able to borrow my dad's car - it is great to have the freedom to do my own thing again. I can walk or take the bus anywhere I need to at any time. I feel like I'm back in control of my life again and it is great. Although, on the coldest, snowiest days I am really going to miss having a car to get me from A to B. Oh, the life of a poor student.

3. Vegetables are Marvelous

I am filling my life with vegetables again and I really do feel better because of it. I have the freedom to stock my fridge with exactly what I want and I have been making stir-fries like this...


... and having snacks like this.

Yes, that carrot is humungous.

4. New shoes are Marvelous

I finally went out shoe shopping yesterday and got two things that I desperately needed, running shoes and winter boots.

Since I was a teenager, I rebelled against buying proper, waterproof, insulated winter boots because I was convinced they were not cool or stylish enough. Instead, I wore stupid Ugg rip-offs that soaked through, broke apart and made my feet freezing.

Last year, I finally decided that I was an idiot and a Canadian cannot go through winter without appropriate footwear. However, I was about to spend the whole winter in India, so I didn't want to spend my travel money on shoes I wouldn't be wearing for long. Anyway, I finally got Canada-approved boots!


That's how you get through winter up here, people. They look pretty cute on too! As an added bonus, they were on sale for $80! When I was at the mall, all the shoe stores had "end-of-season" sales on winter boots. It was great for my wallet, but... wishful thinking much?? How is January in any way, shape or form the end of Canadian winter?? It has just begun, and it will continue until around May!


I also got new runners yesterday, which were also on sale for $80. I always buy Asics because I find that they are the most supportive and comfortable and I managed to find these very cute Gel-Blur33's for a great price. I love shoe shopping :)


Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!

What are your snowy weather essentials?