Monday 28 January 2013

MIMM: It's Monday Again?

Happy Monday Folks,

I really can't believe it's already Monday. I had quite the weekend with birthday celebrations, etc. and I'm not quite ready to get back to the grind. Although, the grind is back, so I might as well make the most of Monday!


Let's take a look at some of the marvelous out there shall we?

Experimenting is Marvelous...

My roommate and I had a kind of joint birthday party on Saturday and before the event, I got to have a little fun in the kitchen bar and cross another item off of my 2013 Bucket List. I made Sangria! Now, I went into the experiment with a very clear, self-made recipe in mind. However, that only filled up my roommate's punch bowl to about a third of the way, so I grabbed more wine, brandy, juice, soda and went to town.

In the end, it contained: 2.5 bottles of [mismatched] wine, 1/2 cup brandy, 1 cup pomegranate liqueur, 2 litres of blood orange soda and some club soda. It really was delicious, and it was a huge hit at the party! For fruit, I threw in an apple, pomegranate arils and frozen blueberries. Yum...



Releasing control is Marvelous...

Apart from my sangria being a hit, I had a great night. We decorated our whole house with a heaven and hell theme that turned out really well. Upstairs was filled with white streamers and balloons, and downstairs was covered in red streamers and balloons. We even put red tissue on all the lights downstairs so it had a creepy glow.

I also felt really relaxed and just enjoyed myself. For the first time in years, I drank without worrying about calories (maybe a little too much), had a few handfuls of party snacks without going overboard and even finished off the night (or morning, since it was 4:30am) with a couple of slices of pizza without feeling guilty and disgusting and bingeing out of self-loathing. That is what parties are really supposed to be like.

Family time is Marvelous...

One of the best surprises I got last week was that my brother and his girlfriend were going to coming to my birthday party and staying over. I hardly ever get to spend quality time with my bro, so I was very excited. We had a great time chillin' as Big Bro and Lil' Bro (yes, I'm Lil' Bro).

Surprise packages are Marvelous...

My mum wound up passing through town yesterday so she took me out for dinner and gave me this package that arrived at our house recently!


It's my Christmas package from my German exchange student! Isn't she pretty? We always send each other Christmas presents, but they often don't get there until after the day because the mail system tends to be slow. This one was filled with chocolate and other goodies. Yes, the chocolate is already gone, and yes, I shared with my roommates. 

New PRs are Marvelous...

Remember how one of my bucket list items was to do a 5 minute plank and I did it? Well, I didn't stop there! I have continued planking and I set a new PR on Saturday!


That's right! I can't believe I am over 6 minutes now! I used to collapse in pain after 3 minutes and now and can go more than twice as long before I collapse in pain. Anyway, I am pretty proud of myself, so I thought it was worthy of sharing on such a marvelous Monday.

Cheers!