Sunday 13 January 2013

MIMM: I Guess I'm Sweet!

Happy Monday!

This is a post that is long overdue, but it is marvelous none-the-less, so I thought it would be appropriate for a MIMM post.



The lovely Olivia over at lifeasliv nominated me for a Super Sweet Blogger Award! Ain't that sweet? The rules of the award are as follows:

1.  Give credit to the person who nominated you
2.  Answer the "Super Sweet" questions
3.  Nominate a "Baker's Dozen" (13) blogs

Questions:

1.  Cookies or Cake?

That depends on the type. I would take a big, chewy chocolatey or peanut buttery cookie over a crappy plastic frosting type of cake, but I would choose an authentic German bakery cake over most types of cookies.



2.  Chocolate or vanilla?

As much as I love my chocolate, as a flavouring I prefer vanilla. Vanilla cake, vanilla icing, vanilla ice cream. Those are my jams :)


3.  What is your favourite sweet treat?

A good piece of dark chocolate, something cinnamon, like a cinnamon bun or apple crisp or any kind of vanilla-based ice cream.


4.  When do you crave sweet things the most?

I am definitely a nighttime sweet craver, but I also love a sweet breakfast like oatbran loaded with fruit and toppings.

5.  If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?

I've never really been a nickname kind of person, although my mum used to call me "Sausage" for a long time. Let me explain... Once when I was a kid, I was asked what my favourite vegetable was and I promptly responded with "sausage". I don't even know where that came from. I don't like most meat and even if I were going to eat meat, sausages would be the LAST thing that appealed to me. I was a weird kid...


My Nominations:

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish
Gina @ Health, Love and Chocolate
Amanda @ running with spoons
Alex @ The Run Within
Molly @ This Life is Sparkling
Sabrina @ Living, Learning, Eating
Meghan @ After the Ivy League
Lisa @ Lisa Lately
Connie @ Livin' Lean
Sarah @ pickrunner
Sloane @ Strength in Freedom

Some other marvelous things that happened this past weekend...

My sprouts sprouted!!


After almost 22 years of killing every plant I came in contact with, I actually grew something! I am going to let them sprout for another day or two because I made them from a seed mix and each of the varieties seem to be sprouting at different rates. My mung beans still need a little time!

On Saturday night I went to see my brother's band play in Toronto. For anyone who hasn't checked out Inlet Sound yet, please do! They really are fantastic, and I'm not just saying that because I'm related to the keyboardist :)


They were playing a show to celebrate the end of the Mega Quarry that was going to destroy miles of farmland in Melancthon township. Thanks to a lot of support, rallies, events and lobbying the proposal for its construction was pulled. The show was awesome and I even got to meet the Director of the David Suzuki Foundation!

Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!