Friday 25 January 2013

Product Review: FitNutz

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share a review of a new-to-me product that I tried recently: FitNutz peanut butter mix! 

I am a big fan of PB2 and peanut flour, so I was excited to try a new brand. Their peanut butter mixes come in a bunch of different varieties: Regular, Chunky, Pro, Sugar Free (both regular and chunky) and now Raspberry Jam! That last one sounds unreal so I might have to track it down at some point.

I tried their Pro variety as well as the Sugar Free Chunky.


All their products are relatively low in fat and calories and high in protein. I love my peanut butter and I would never give it up. Healthy fats are great for you! However, the nice thing about PB mixes like FitNutz is that they have a high protein content and are very customizable. I love that I can mix them to any consistency, add flavours or add them a ton of different recipes. Although, my usual method of consumption is reconstituted and eaten off of the spoon :)

Pro:

I found the pro a little bit dark for my liking. It tasted like the peanuts had been roasted quite a bit, and I prefer a lighter flavour. However, since it's so versatile, I still managed to make good use of it!

I tried it first all mixed up on a spoon and wasn't a fan of the flavour...


However, I loved it in my stir-fry! I just sauteed all of my ingredients with garlic and some soy sauce, added water to the PB mix until it was nice and runny, poured it over the whole thing and continued cooking it until it thickened up! It was super delicious, filling and creamy. I would definitely recommend trying it.


Sugar Free Chunky:

I was very excited to try this one, because I love crunchy peanut butter. This one was also nice because it was sugar free, which is good if you are watching your sugar intake. It is sweetened with erythritol, which I personally love because I try to avoid artificial sweeteners. It just gave it that little hint of sweetness, without tasting sugary.


I tried this one in a stir-fry as well and like it, but my favourite way to eat it was just mixed with water and licked off the spoon. The little peanut bits just gave it that little extra something. So good!


So there you have it! I like this stuff a little more than regular peanut flour, just because it's a bit more interesting. Overall, I didn't like it as much as PB2, but then again, PB2 doesn't have a chunky variety or raspberry jam flavour. I even saw on Sabrina's blog that they now have a cookies n' cream flavour which I am dying to try!

Happy mixing!

Do you like peanut butter mixes?

What is your favourite brand?