Tuesday 29 January 2013

WIAW: A Little on the Random Side...

Hi Friends, 

So the fact is, I just could not get it together to put together a fabulously interesting WIAW post today. But Devon! That's what you said LAST week!! Yes, that is also true. You have probably noticed that I have been a little inconsistent with my posting this past week. School is starting to get crazy and unfortunately, blogging has to take a bit of a back seat to academics these days. 

Life has been fairly good though! I had a great birthday celebration weekend and spent time with good friends. I also found out about something exciting that I won't tell you about yet, but if all goes well on Friday, I may have some very good news!

Now, here are just some random things I managed to take pictures of in the last few days. As I said, nothing exciting, but everyone reading healthy living blogs seems to like looking at pictures of food, so here they are!


I have been starting my mornings (as always) with big bowls of steaming hot oat bran. My favourite lately? Apple pie oats, with lots of cinnamon and ground ginger :)

A big spoonful of peanut butter was added after this was taken

Lunched, as always, have been random. Lots of peanut stir-fries and lots of strange egg concoctions. This was one of my strange-but-good creations:

Egg scrambled with spinach, mushrooms and spaghetti squash (weird!),
topped with baba ganoush, salsa and antipasto. A big bowl of goodness :)

You will never guess what I made for dinner one (actually several) night(s)...


Roasted buttercup squash and sesame shrimp! Wow, what a surprise! Even more surprising?


More squash! Get right out of town! Devon, you are so unpredictable and spontaneous...

Of course, I still have approximately 20 snacks per day, and lately they have been consisting of a lot of fruit.

The other day I have a big bowl of frozen mango chunks and blueberries.


Bananas have been a big part of my life too.

Peanut butter banana ice cream. All it is is frozen bananas blended with a big
scoop of PB
This next one was inspired by Heather, who has been taunting me with it on instagram. This is peanut flour "soup" (just thinned peanut flour) with frozen banana slices. 


I am in love with this! The frozen bananas make the peanut flour get kind of cold and thick like ice cream. Mmmm....

Last, but certainly not least, my German exchange student sent me some milk chocolate all the way from Deutschland. I wish I could say that it lasted longer than about 6 hours, but I did share with my mum and my roommates, so don't judge me!


Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! I know I will. My brother is playing a show in Guelph tonight and it is going to be fabulous as always :)