Saturday 29 December 2012

December Health and Foodie Finds #2

Good Morning!

So I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. I am eating vegetables again that aren't covered in butter and I am hitting the hot yoga studio regularly. I'm almost done my yoga challenge too, I'll give you a recap of that tomorrow. That is, if I can finish it... Last night I slipped at the top of our hardwood stairs, bounced all the way down and gave my tailbone a good bruising. Hopefully, a bit of stretching and balancing will make me feel better, but if it's too painful, I may have to take some time off or spend a whole class in savasana.

Although my posts this holiday have been overwhelmingly positive, it hasn't been a piece of cake for me. I fell into a bit of a funk for a few days when the combination of overeating, not exercising and not feeling productive really got to me. I found myself feeling guilty, bad about myself and not at all how I should feel at Christmas time when I am surrounded by friends and family. Luckily, a supportive reality check from a good friend (she knows who she is), a few good sweat sessions and the reintroduction of green veggies into my life set me straight and prevented me from slipping back into old habits.

Anyway, I wanted to give you a peek at my other favourite health-nut/foodie finds this holiday.

1.  Now Better Stevia: French Vanilla


My mother knows me well. I have tried the regular Better Stevia and I adore anything vanilla, so I can't wait to crack this baby open!

2.  Lifefactory Glass Water Bottle


First of all, it's purple, so there's an automatic win. It's also BPA free. These bottles are great because they're glass, so if you keep them clean, they don't leave your water with a funny taste. What I love about this particular bottle is that it has a little rubber drinking spout so I won't have to fumble with a screw-top and spill all over myself while I'm on the cardio machines.


3.  Spirit Junkie by Gabrielle Bernstein


This book looks great and I am going to start it after I read the other book I got for Christmas. Gabrielle Bernstein overcame addiction, low self-esteem and a lot of other issues and wrote this book about her journey. Given the kind of emotional roller-coaster I have been on for all of my teenaged and adult life, I think that reading this book could be good for me. I can relate to Gabrielle in certain ways and if she found true happiness, so can I :)

4.  Hotties Hot Water Bottle


Look how cute!! Do you remember the picture I posted from the One of a Kind craft show of this artisan's booth? Well, my mum pulled a fast one on me and picked one up for Christmas. It's so cute, I can't believe there is actually a hot water bottle inside. I can't wait to snuggle up with this guy. Actually, I may do that very soon.

5.  Voyant Chai Cream Liqueur 


Chai. Cream. Liqueur. You did not dream this. This is something I have actually had before, so I can already say that it is fantastic! As far as I know, it has been discontinued, so I am very sorry to anyone who saw the picture and immediately began searching for ways to acquire some. My mum bought out a liquor store when she heard they had stopped making it and has been hoarding it and giving my brother and I bottles of it for several Christmases now. This year, she gave us the last two bottles, so if you want some, looks like you'll have to come to my house for drinks!

6.  Something Special Gourmet Antipasto


This stuff is also amazing. It's full of olives, and all kinds of veggies. It is great on eggs, on top of a salad or sometimes I even top refried beans with it. Actually, most of the time I eat it with a spoon right out of the jar...

7.  David's Tea Glass Mug and Tea


My best friend, who works at David's Tea, got me this. It's a glass mug with a tea strainer that sits right inside. I am going to love having this. I hardly ever bother to make loose leaf tea at home because it's a pain to find something to steep it in. If I have this, I can just pull it out of the cupboard and go. It also came with 3 of their most popular teas, which all smell delish :)

8.  Foam Roller


I have been wanting one of these forever and I finally got one! So far, my experience with it has been painful, but satisfying, exactly what I was hoping for! I am planning on incorporating this heavily into my 2013 fitness routine to ease some of the sore muscles I will probably have from my ass-kicking workouts! Woohoo!

9.  Healthy Digestives Dark Chocolate Probiotic Bites


No, your eyes have not deceived you. These are actually probiotic dark chocolate balls. They only have 1 gram of sugar each and a billion live cultures. Oh, and they're also DELICIOUS! Seriously, this could be my favourite foodie find of 2012. Find them, buy them and your life will instantly become better.

Have a great day everyone!

Did anyone else discover some great foodie finds this Christmas?