Sunday 16 December 2012

MIMM: Home Sweet Home

Happy Monday!!

This is the first Monday in a very long time that I haven't had to go to class or write an exam. All I have to do is go to yoga, raid my parents' fridge and chill out, and it's marvelous!


Thanks again to the marvelous diva, Katie, for putting all of this together.

Being home for the holidays is Marvelous

I usually don't enjoy going home very much. I don't have any friends left in the area and I see my parents often enough that I don't feel like I need to go home all the time. Also, they live in a tiny hamlet half an hour form the nearest city and the only way I can get into town is by borrowing my dad's car when he doesn't need it or begging one of my parents for a ride. I'm not someone who enjoys sitting around and doing nothing, so I tend to go a bit crazy at home.

However, this semester has ben such a whirlwind, that I am really looking forward to just spending time in the country, being with my family and working on some of my holiday projects. I will also be doing hot yoga every day (starting yesterday), which I am so excited about!

There is also the major bonus that I don't have to grocery shop, but get to have full fridges (yes plural) and pantries at my disposal. My mum always keeps stuff that I can't afford, like Kombucha and pomegranates, in the house, so I feel like I'm living in luxury :)

I am OBSESSED with this stuff!
Oh, and I also get to hang out with this monster :)


Costco is Marvelous

Yes, Costco is marvelous. As much as the environmentalist in me is fiercely opposed to the gross consumerism and excess that these kinds of big box store represent, I just love that place! I mean, where else are you going to find a huge jar of Maranatha almond butter for less than $8??


How about gigantic cartons of egg whites or multi-packs of Greek yogurt for a fraction on the price they would run at a regular grocery store?


Yes, after eating absolutely no dairy for the last year and a half, I am starting to introduce certain things back into my diet, starting with Greek yogurt. I had it for breakfast yesterday morning and I had forgotten how much I loved it!! Even if I ate no other dairy for the rest of my life, I would be content if I could have this stuff around forever :)

Costco even has huge flats of the biggest pomegranates you've ever seen and other fresh fruit for super cheap.


Yes, I am unabashedly, head-over-heels in love with Costco. Oh, and did I mention that you can get an entire meal's worth of free samples in a single shopping trip? It's like a dream :)


My dad is Marvelous

Even though my dad can't go to yoga with me all Christmas because of his herniated disk, he still really wanted me to be able to go. As an early Christmas present, he got me a 1-month unlimited pass to the hot yoga studio closest to us and is going to let me borrow his car when I want to go to class. Of course, this may mean I have to hit a few 6:00am classes while I'm on holiday so that he can use his car for work, but I am still so thankful.

My dad is endlessly supportive of me. He has always encouraged me in school, in my travel endeavors and anything else I want to pursue. We have exactly the same preferences travel-wise, and our dream is for the two of us to go to Nepal in the next few years to trek in the Himalayas. That is definitely at the top of my travel bucket list :)


And just because I have had some free time on my hands, I am going to leave you with some little tidbits to brighten your day :)


This is so very, very true.
Never-nude Convention



What do you love most about going home for the holidays?

Any fellow Costco lovers out there?

What destinations are at the top of your travel bucket list?