Tuesday 18 December 2012

WIAW: Switching it Up

Happy Wednesday Everybody!

So I have been home for a few days now and besides my daily hot yoga class, I have accomplished very little! What's strange is, I am actually okay with it. Usually, I get very restless as soon as I go home because I don't feel productive at all, but I am actually really enjoying watching countless episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. Although, I'm sure if we give it a few days I will start to get antsy, I know my type-A self far too well!


So here is another WIAW post and I have actually been switching it up more than usual. My parents don't have all of my staples stocked in their house, so I have been forced to assess the fridge situation daily and come up with something that suits my fancy.

Breakfasts have been (*gasp*) different! That's right, I have not been eating my oat bran since I have been home. Since I don't have the right protein powders and bowls here (I know they are trivial things, but they make a difference!), it isn't as easy or satisfying to whip up my favourite oaty concoctions, and when it's not perfect I just can't bare to tarnish my breakfast's squeaky-clean reputation.

What the 'rents do have a lot of is Greek yogurt, so I have been eating my fill after going a year and a half without it.

I have been mixing it with this stuff,


and then adding whatever I feel like.

Mixed with raspberries, then topped with puffed kamut and almond butter.

Mixed with raspberries and pomegranate arils, then topped with puffed
kamut and peanut butter. It's amazing how much better food looks in
natural light!
Since I have been taking yoga classes at weird times and haven't had a real schedule, I have been snacking throughout the day rather than eating a big lunch.

I had this snack plate yesterday...


That would be red pepper strips and an egg white puff cooked with cinnamon, slathered with almond butter and peanut butter, then topped with a few cracks of this heavenly creation...

It's almost gone *sniff* Must. Acquire. More.

I am addicted to these little babies...


I have been taking full advantage of the kombucha supply. This one is sensational.


I also LOVE this hummus... Is it wrong to eat it straight from the container?


Apart from that, I have been snacking on lots of random bars that I have lying around as well as many spoonfuls of nut butter. Can we all just take a minute to check out my nut butter situation? For someone who counted that stuff amongst her biggest fears not too long ago and just bought her very first jar of PB at the beginning of this month, I would say I told ED where to put his nuts! That doesn't sound quite right...

Anyway, for dinner the other night, I made a curried bean and sweet potato soup, which was delicious! It was actually part of a product review I'm working on and will share with you guys soon.


I added a few hunks of goat cheese to my bowl and when it started to melt into the soup, it was amazing!

Well, that is all I have for today! I have to say, as much as shaking up my food routine can put ED in a funk, it is nice to experiment with new things and give myself a change of pace.

Have a good one!