Saturday 1 December 2012

One of a Kind Recap!

Hi Friends :)

I wanted to post my December goals yesterday, so I thought I would save my recap of my super fun Friday for today.

I started by taking the bus to Toronto to meet my mum for lunch before the craft show. We went to a restaurant called Live. It is a raw vegan restaurant that serves a variety of different healthy, gluten-free, sugar-free plant-based dishes, and it is fantastic.

My mum and I both started out with hot drinks, I got a rooibos tea called "100 Mysteries" (it WAS mysterious) and she got the ChocoLove Energy, which was like hot chocolate infused with coryceps and maca (Oooo... exotic).

For lunch, my mum got the Curried Carrot and Ginger soup of the day and the raw sushi. The soup is unpictured, but it was sooo warming and delicious; we shared :)

Isn't it pretty??

They also had some heated food on the menu, and since it was freezing out, I had the Rejuvenation Bowl with tempeh, kelp noodles (If you haven't tried these, do it! They are super yummy and fun to eat!) and creamy tahini dressing. It was super filling, tasty and nourishing. I definitely made the right choice on that one :)


Bad picture, good meal.

With full bellies, it was off to the show! Warning: A butt load (to use the technical term) of pictures to follow.

This show is amazing. There were 800 artists there! I took pictures every so often of things that I liked. If I had been more organized, I would have gotten the names of all of the things I took pictures of so I could give you links, but I took so many that it would be impossible to keep them straight, so you will just have to do with mostly visuals.

I didn't buy much (just one small edible for a friend) because of my student budget, but I love looking around and I took plenty of business cards from artisans that I liked.

These are call "Hotties". They're for hot water bottles!!

Stained-glass oil lamps

These were awesome! I would love to give someone a gift with a tag like that!

Some really cool pepper grinders.

I took this picture half because these were really beautiful utensils
and half for Amanda, who is a fellow lover of tiny spoons :)

I LOVED these! They are called "Misfits" and every doll has some perceived
"flaw" (but I would call them "unique qualities") and a button that says
"i like me, do you?" Meet Bucky and Broad Claude. They are so cute!

More Misfits. This time Monty Monobrow and Benny Big Ears.

This business is called Anemone Bags and the artisan makes all of these
alien-like plastic purses with eyeballs and things. They're pretty cool and my
aunt absolutely loves them, but I gotta say that they are just not my thing.
 (Sorry, Auntie J!)

Beautiful glass with birch tree designs.

I know this is NOT a realistic portrayal of female bodies,
but beautiful artwork none-the-less.

The detail on these fairy houses was phenomenal!

There was so much incredibly unique jewelry there,
but I just can't afford shiny things right now!

Probably the best apron I've ever seen.

There were also several rows of "flavours" which I thoroughly enjoyed. I didn't take too many pictures in this section; I was too busy helping myself to the wealth of free samples :)

Yum...

Nom...

Drool...

Mmm...

Out. Of. This. World.

This FABULOUS company was there selling their goodies.
I will be doing a full review on some of their products soon, so stay tuned!

Julie, one of the lovely "Ladies" that the name refers to,
serving up samples!

I had such a good day with my mum. I didn't think about my upcoming finals and I was stuffed full of samples by the time I left. Seriously, I didn't even have room for dinner (Although I managed to have room for some of my Giddy Yoyo chocolate...)

This kind of day just screams "Christmas!" to me. I can't wait for the upcoming holiday.

Hope you're having a beautiful weekend!

Have you been to a raw food restaurant before?

Do you like craft shows?