Thursday 6 December 2012

Five Things for Friday

Hi Friends :)

It's Friday! Granted, I have a take-home exam due tomorrow and another exam on Monday, so I won't be having a jam-packed party weekend, but Friday is still a good day.


I thought I would start off the day by following the trend that some other bloggers have set of picking 5 random things to talk about for Friday. They probably aren't things I would write an entire post about, but still fun tidbits to mention anyway :)

***

1.  I am finished my Christmas shopping!! I HATE leaving Christmas shopping until the last minute. I just ordered a gift for my brother, which makes my list complete! My dad's gift is a little different in that I am making it and I can't start until I go home for the break, but I have a plan, so it counts. For his gift, I actually got a killer idea from one of Alex's posts and I think it will be awesome! That girl's a genius, I swear ;) I am not going to give away any of the gifts now, just in case one of the recipients happens to be reading, but I will reveal some of my favourites after the big day!

***

2.  My exams will be done in one week. One week. One more week. 2 down, 3 to go. You. Can. Do. This. I have found it particularly difficult to focus this exam period, but I am keeping myself going by eating chocolate and telling myself that it will be over soon and then I will be able to relax for 3 whole weeks!

I'm out of chocolate. This might be necessary...
***

3.  Speaking of relaxing... One of my goals to complete by the end of 2013 is to do 14 classes of Moksha Yoga (that's the method I practice, it's a form of hot yoga) in 14 days. I have mentioned before that I got my dad hooked on hot yoga in June and he hasn't stopped since. Even though he is fit and loves being active, he was terrified to try it because he seemed to think he needed to lose weight first or that everyone would be looking at him. I am so proud of him for sticking with it, he's a total junkie now! Anyway, I told him about my 14 in 14 challenge and he wants to join me! So I am going to be spending my Christmas break eating, relaxing and sweating!

Mmm... I love getting sweaty ;)
***

4.  Fridge clean-out has officially commenced. It is pretty much guaranteed that any food pictures I post for the next week will be... interesting, to say the least. I am hitting the grocery store one last time today for some fresh essentials and baking ingredients, but that's it. I tend to be pretty creative when it comes to using stuff up, but that doesn't mean it will be attractive... or palatable. There will probably be a lot of things similar to this:

Tuna salad with salsa and chopped peppers, topped with mung bean sprouts.

Right now, I have a lot of egg whites, pomegranates, mung bean sprouts and almond milk to use up. So... raw egg pomegranate smoothie... topped with sprouts? Maybe not, we'll see how this goes...

***

5.  I'm am going to be doing my holiday baking tomorrow and making two different things! One is my specialty that I make every year, and the other is something that Sabrina posted on her blog ages ago and I just haven't been able to get it off my mind... I will share the recipe for my signature treat on Sunday and let me just tell you, it's out of this world. I mean, I don't want to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal.

Happy Friday Friends :)

What is the strangest thing you have made during "fridge clean-outs"?

What will you be doing over the Christmas break?