Wednesday 12 December 2012

Survey: There's a First time for Everything!

Hello Lovelies,

Well, I'm in the home stretch. Just one more exam and I'm done!

Anyway, I have been seeing this survey on everyone's blogs and I have been meaning to fill it out for ages, so here goes! Time for some Thursday fun :)

1. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning

Usually, I will get up, check emails and then do a quick HIIT workout or some yoga before breakfast. I love starting my day with some physical activity, it energizes me!

2. First thing you reach for when you open the fridge

If it's first thing in the morning, it is the bowl of oat bran I have mixed up for breakfast the night before. If I'm looking for a snack, I would most likely grab the gigantic bag of apples that absolutely always have in my fridge. I go through a huge bag of apples every week. It's a little nuts...

I usually get a mix of Mutsu and Crimson Crisp, but this
time I decided to mix it up and replace Mutsu with Russet.
They are so good!
3. First thing you do when you go to the gym

I actually haven't been a huge gym rat lately. I find that doing strength training intervals at home with bodyweight and dumbbells works better for my schedule and my body. However, when I do go to the gym, I would probably jump on either the rowing machine, elliptical or stepmill for some cardio intervals.

4. First thing you do when you get home form work/school

Throw on some sweatpants (sexy, I know, I have to beat the men away with a stick), make a snack and check emails before I start procrastinating doing homework.

5. First car

Poor, car-less student here! I have a drivers license, but I live a 4 minute walk from my campus in a city with really good public transportation, so it just doesn't make sense to have a car (aka. a black hole to throw my money into) when I don't actually need one. Plus, walking producers zero carbon emissions! Tree-huggers FTW!

Not exactly my first car... Do rickshaws even count as cars?
6. First accident/traffic violation

I have never had either! *knock on wood* I think my only driving indiscretion so far was when I took my G2 driving test for the first time. Apparently, they won't pass you if you hit another car! They should have told me that before I took the test, thank you very much. Needless to say, I had to take that test again... twice.

7. First thing you wanted to be when you grew up

A Ballerina!! That was when my mum first put me in dance lessons. I actually stuck with it for 15 years and was pretty serious about it one point. I kind of lost focus near the end of high school though. Dance studios can be a magnet for catty girls and the revealing costumes probably weren't great for my body image issues.

D'Awwww!!
8. First choice beverage

On your average day, probably some kind of tea. If I'm feeling like a treat, peppermint hot chocolate. If I'm really feeling like a treat, I'm all over the wine or hard cider, baby ;)

9. First choice breakfast

I don't think his one needs much explanation. In case you are new to my blog, I like my oat bran in the morning. I switch up the flavours, but it's always oat bran.





Getting sick of the pictures yet?

10. First choice dessert

This is a toughie. For a long time, I would have said fruit, but I don't think that's very accurate. While I LOVE fruit, if I really want a dessert, it has got to have sugar. I mean, come on. I think my first choice would be anything spicy or cinnamon-y: apple crisp, a gooey cinnamon roll, warm gingerbread with caramelized pears... I could go on for a while.

Source

It's funny, two of my favourite desserts are ice cream and apple crisp, but I can't stand them together! I absolutely hate it when ice cream melts into warm desserts. I like my ice cream cold and my apple crisp warm, no mixing of temperatures.

11. First song that comes to mind

Okay, I am a HUGE Maroon 5 dork. I have seen them in concert twice and I have pretty much convinced myself that Adam Levine is my boyfriend (Mmm... Adam Levine...). One of my favourite songs is actually "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes. I know it isn't Maroon 5, but I love the song and I get to hear Adam's beautiful voice :)

I mean, COME ON!
It shouldn't even be legal to look that good!
12. First major purchase

Well, I've never bought a car, house, etc. So, probably some of the plane tickets and travel expenses for my India/Thailand/Europe trip at the beginning of this year. All those people who say you can travel Europe on the cheap... are lying!! Sure, it's possible to travel Europe cheaper than what you would spend at staying at fancy hotels and eating at nice restaurants, but after spending 4 months in Asia... a little piece of you dies every time you have to pay for than a dollar for a meal.

13. First job

Well, I was an Assistant Teacher at my dance studio from when I was about 13, but my first official job was at Williams Coffee Pub when I was 16. I stayed there for exactly 2 months before quitting because the management was so bad and I got hired at La Senza instead (where my obsession with spending far too much money on fancy underwear began...).

14. First time you flew on a plane

Probably the first time I went to Alberta to visit my family out there and go skiing. I was about 8, I think and my brother and I fell in love with the little airplane meals that they gave us. I still remember the flight attendant we had. He had red hair and he was so nice! He kept bringing us juice and telling jokes and he let us go see the cockpit!

And that's all for today, have a good one!

Do you have any foods that you love separately, but hate together?

First thing you do in the morning?