Sunday 23 December 2012

MIMM: The Best Day of the Year!

Happy Monday!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Christmas Eve is the best day of the year? I think I like it even better than Christmas Day. It's so filled with magic and anticipation. The lights are on, the presents haven't been ripped open yet; everything is perfect.


Tonight, I'm going to a Christmas party with my family where there will be good company, good food, a lot of wine and a great excuse to wear my new dress! I think it goes without saying that today is a marvelous day :)

Other marvelous tidbits?

Dark chocolate has been making a strong comeback!

Thank goodness it says "Chocolate" on it, or I would never be able to tell
what it was!
I always acquire a huge supply, eat it non-stop for a week or two and then run out and feel completely lost. Never again, dear friend, never again.

It is great to have time off so that I can make healthy, leisurely dinners like this one. It's also great to search through my parents' cupboards and fridges for interesting ingredients.


These are spring mix greens, topped with orange peppers, cucumber and shrimp sauteed in sesame oil, soy sauce and black sesame seeds with a mint balsamic vinaigrette. Mint balsamic vinegar! I love weird foodie finds.

The best part went on last though, kabocha!


Speaking of food, my parents always have marvelous snacks that I can't afford on my student budget.


I downed a whole package of these seaweed snacks while watching Elf with the family last night. They. Are. So. Good! The classic olive oil flavour is my favourite, but they also have chipotle and toasty onion. I love my seaweed. That counts as a green, leafy vegetable, right?

I also love wrapping Christmas presents. I happen to be the only person in my family who can wrap presents and actually enjoys it, so I have been having my own kind of Christmas fun these last few days.


Check out our little Christmas tree! We are last-minute Christmas people (at least my parents are), so we only got the tree up a few days ago. It's short and sweet :)


It's not a long post today. I'm sure you are all too busy with holiday festivities to read a lengthy post anyway. I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Enjoy family and friends, be safe, indulge and spend the holiday however your little heart desires.

Merry Christmas!

xoxo